The OPTIDISC ELITE cutter bar
- Where the discs diverge, the gap is reduced to facilitate the blade overlap. The mowing is clean and neat, even in short or light forage. (A)
- Where the discs converge, the gap is increased to provide more space for the forage flow. It is quickly evacuated to the rear; the work of the mower is not disturbed. (B)
- An overlap area which is almost doubled for improved quality of cut in wet and sticky soils (or presence of molehills), heavy and lying forage or plant cover harvested at the end of autumn.
- A lower pitch angle: in very short mowing, this prevents typical undulating mowing profile. This development also promotes uniform and faster regrowth and easier adjustment of subsequent machines.
- New disc bearings with an exclusive shape and fastening still ensure a secure hold of the knives when subjected to shocks while providing them with 360° freedom of rotation.
In hilly terrain, in wet conditions or in sticky grass, the soil no longer builds up in front of the cutter bar. Its specific pads improve sliding and preserve the plant cover.